Saturday, July 25, 2009

Saturday July 25, 2009. It really is great to be alive. Got a text from nephew Will at 4:35 AM saying he would probably not make it to work in the morning due to an earache. Texted Timmy at 7. Timmy and I are pulling the entire weekend alone. Timmy is solid. Nayara is in immigration lockup. Fabrizia is having a birthday weekend. Grey is in Canada. Patrick ....still quit.

This small setback reminds me of an important Salami Shop philisophical point. Everyone encounters problems, challenges, and flat out disasters in life. No one is immune to this. We will have good times in life and we will be miserable beyond belief. Everyone goes through this. You are not alone.

I am constantly reminded that life is an adventure. The highs and the lows are what makes it so good. Without the lows the highs wouldn't be highs. Things can always get worse, and if they do...well tough shit. I can tell you one thing; I am not going to sit around worrying about the hard times. I am going to embrace them. I am only alive for a brief flicker of time and by god I refuse to be miserable. As the man said, "carpe diem" mofo.

When Chistopher Columbus set sail in 1492 he had no idea where he was going, when he got to America he had no idea where he was and when he got home he had no idea where he had been. All in all a great adventure Salami Shop style!

No comments:

Post a Comment